Consolidated Edison Company of New York Con Edison header image

Con Edison

Translate the page

contact us

Try This First

Customer Central
For billing and payment plan options, energy-saving tips, safety information, or other customer information.

Careers at Con Edison
If you're looking for employment and want to see the jobs we're seeking to fill.

Supply Chain Online
Learn about the products and services we buy, our terms and conditions, and our minority and women business programs.

Investor Relations
For financial reports, stock quotes, dividend history, and other financial information

Con Edison Overview

Learn more about Con Edison, Inc., and its regulated and competitive businesses.



Call 911 or 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633)

If you smell gas or suspect a gas leak:

  • Leave the area immediately and take others with you.
  • If outdoors, get well away from where you smell gas.
  • Don't do anything to create a spark that could cause an explosion, such as lighting a match, starting a car, turning appliances, lights, or flashlights on or off, using a telephone or cell phone, and ringing doorbells.
  • Once you're a safe distance away, call 911 or 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633). Remember, you can report leaks anonymously. National Grid customers can call 1-718-643-4050.

If you see a downed power line, keep your distance and call 911 or 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).

If you see steam coming from a Manhattan manhole, call us and we'll check it out.


Call Us 24/7 at 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633)

In Writing

In Writing

The easiest way to reach us is by calling the telephone number on your bill; however, if you prefer to write, be sure to include your account number and as much information as you can about the question or problem. Please address your correspondence to:

Con Edison
Cooper Station
P.O. Box 138
New York, NY 10276-0138

Telecommunications for the Deaf

Telecommunications for the Deaf

The toll-free number for this service is 1-800-642-2308.

Whether you call, write, or visit, we will do our best to provide quick and courteous service. If you disagree about a bill, we will not turn off your service for not paying the amount you are questioning while your inquiry is investigated; however, any amount not in dispute must be paid when due. If you are not satisfied with our response, please ask to speak to a supervisor. If you are still unsatisfied after talking to us, you can call the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) at 1-800-342-3377 weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.