Filing a Claim
To file a general claim you must complete the form and email it to us at email@example.com, fax it to 212‑979‑1278 or mail it to Con Edison Claims Department, PO Box 801 New York, NY 10276. Please be sure to include all necessary information and documentation.
Spoilage and Perishables
If you have incurred losses due to food or medication spoilage as a result of an interruption in power and would like to file a claim, you must do so within 30 days of the outage. To initiate the claims process, complete the claims form and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (212)-979-1278 or mail it to Con Edison Claims Department, PO Box 801 New York, NY 10276
Reimbursement is limited to food and medication spoilage
- You may file a claim up to $500 for loss of food due to lack of refrigeration
- All claims must include an itemized list and claims over $220 must include proof of loss (ex- receipts, cancelled checks, photographs of food, etc.) in addition to an itemized list
- Reimbursement for prescription medication lost due to lack of refrigeration is not included in the $500 maximum for spoiled food.
- You must include an itemized list and proof or loss (prescription label, pharmacy receipt etc.)
- Con Edison may request authorization to verify the loss of prescription medication
Reimbursement is limited to perishable merchandise lost due to lack of refrigeration
- You may file a claim of up to $9,900
- Claims must include an itemized list and proof of loss
All claims are subject to review. Whether or not a claim is deemed valid depends upon the circumstances of the interruption and the damage incurred. Only claims resulting from a loss of power for 12 hours or more within a 24 hour period will be considered. Unfortunately, losses incurred as the result of an outage caused by conditions beyond our control (storms, floods, vandalism, etc) cannot be honored. All reimbursement is governed by Con Edison’s electric rate schedule